Window coverings make a stylish statement in your home while helping to control light, heat and provide privacy for your space. With the right information, it is easy to select blinds, shutters or drapes that will meet the specific needs of your space, while providing a cohesive look with the rest of your interior decorations. The first step is deciding which type of window covering you want to purchase.
Window Coverings include Blinds, Shades, Verticals, Draperies, Curtains, Valences, Shutters, Specialty Products, Outdoor Coverings.
3M Window Films provide extra protection against harmful UV rays; help protect your privacy; control glare; help you save energy by reducing sun pentration which lowers your need for air conditionaing and…can help protect against vandalism or break and entry.
Types of Window Coverings
- Wood Blinds
- Faux Wood blinds
- Mini Blinds
- Vertical Blinds
- Vinyl Blinds
- Wood Shutters
- Faux Wood Shutters
- Cellular Shades/Honeycomb
- Roller Shades
- Solar Shades
- Bamboo/Woven Wood Shades
- Roman Shades
- Sheer Shades
- Dual Sheer/Zebra Shades
- Pleated Shades
- Vertical Blinds
- Vertical Cellular Shades
- Sheer Vertical Shades
- Panel Track Blinds
- Custom Draperies
- Drapery Hardware
- Skylight Shades
- Angle Tops
- Outdoor Shades
What are the differences between blinds, shutters and shades?
- Blinds are typically slatted in design and made out of harder materials like wood, faux-wood, aluminum, or vinyl
- Shades are usually made of softer materials such as fabrics and generally offer less control over light levels than blinds
- Shutters, like blinds, have a similar slatted construction; however, they are built in a solid frame and can’t be raised or lowered
With each window covering, the following is included:
- Best brand offerings with trusted national brands like Levolor, Bali and Maxxmar, that bring customers the latest trends, styles, reliability, warranty and service.
- Certified installation professionals providing you peace of mind. With a licensed, background checked professional, you recieve quality workmanship and a worry-free experience during your window coverings installation.
- Everyday value pricing offers you competitive pricing with an extensive range of products to suit any budget.
- Financing options are available. Our convenient and flexible financing options, including no annual fee and no interest, project loans with credit available for up to $50,000.
- Warranty on ALL of our products and labour that cannot be beat.
Brands We Install
Smart Solutions: Motorized / Automated Blinds
When planning and considering your custom window blinds project, consider investing in “automated or smart” options. Here’s why:
Frequently Asked Questions about Window Coverings
Once you’ve had your free consultation and window measurements have been recorded and confirmed, your blinds installation can be done in as little as two weeks
Actual timelines may vary according to product availability, shipping times and Installer’s schedule
Costs will vary depending on the number of windows, sizes of windows, type of blinds, materials chosen and any additional options
Ordering custom blinds, shades and shutters however, provides a wider range of choices than stock blinds and are available to suit all budgets
While plenty of options are available for purchase in-store, choosing custom blinds installation offers a broader range of styles, colours, brands and materials, sized to fit your specific windows, tailored to match your budget and professionally installed to your satisfaction
Yes. Speak with a Home Depot Associate to arrange installation for any in-stock blinds, shades or shutters purchased from The Home Depot
The Home Depot carries several products that feature cordless operation or, motorized options that are a safer choice for homes with children and pets
Available programmable and “smart” blinds allow you to control light levels in your home when you’re not even home, while other product options can improve insulation around your windows
Ask your in-home consultant about a variety of available custom options to help keep your home cooler in summer and warmer in winter